Last updated 27 May 2020
We have also included information about cookies set by third parties (“Third Party Cookies”). Given that these relate to third party services, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the list, but we can say that we have done our best to ensure the list is as accurate as possible at the time this policy was prepared. Nevertheless, we strongly recommend that you consult the third party websites listed in the cookie descriptions to find out more about the third party cookies in question.
For more information about how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org.
Cookies set by Thinglink
- This cookie provides a temporary identifier so that we can track unique users across different requests. The cookie is stored for 30 days, after which we will consider you a new user. If you register and log in, this cookie becomes long-lived, meaning that it will exist until you sign out of Thinglink.com or delete the cookie yourself.
- JSESSIONID, AWSELB, SERVERID, paymentInProcess, _jwpusr
- These are technical cookies which store your user state as you browse around in thinglink.com. They are deleted when (i) you close your browser, or (ii) you log out or (iii) a certain period of time (depending on the cookie) has passed since your last interaction with Thinglink.com.
- This is a cookie which allows you to return to thinglink.com without having to type in your username/password combination again. If you do not wish to do so, make sure that the "Remember me" - checkbox is unchecked when you log in. You can remove this cookie by signing out of thinglink.com when you are done tagging.
- This is a a long-lived cookie which remembers your user settings and cannot be used to identify you. As noted above, long-lived means that it exists until you sign out of thinglink.com or delete the cookie yourself.
- This is a technical cookie which keeps track of whether you are currently using our mobile or full site. It is a session cookie, which means that it is deleted when you close your browser.
- A code that lets us assign the right affiliate code to your account, should you choose to sign up.
Cookies set by 3rd parties
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz
- __hs*, hubspotutk, messagesUtk
- Cookies set by our customer analytics partner, HubSpot.
- mp_super_properties, __mp*
- A number of cookies set by our payment partner, Stripe, for fraud detection purposes.
Other third-party cookies
Since ThingLink is a service which allows content to be embedded from third party sites to other third party sites, all of these sites may provide cookies on their own in addition to the above listed cookies. For example, viewing a tag containing a YouTube video can give you cookies from YouTube. We have no control or knowledge of those cookies. We recommend that you review your browser's privacy settings and adjust them accordingly if you wish to deny cookies from these third-party sites.
Setting Your Browser to Reject Cookies, or ‘Do not track’ requests
At this time, ThingLink does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using the Service, with the drawback that certain features of the Service may not function properly without the aid of cookies.