You report this image for abusive, violent or sexual content,
and our staff will take a look at it.
21. Add 60 spots to park-and-ride lot at Châteauguay bus terminus. Status: Done
20. Increase service on the 90 Express bus linking the Chevrier terminus to downtown Montreal, via the Champlain Bridge. Status: Done
10. Create Kirkland express bus route in 2012. Status: Launched in April, the 425-Express Anse-à-l’Orme reaches Lionel Groulx métro.
1. Phase 1 of new reserved bus lane on Highway 20. Status: Done. in Lachine, between 32nd and 55th Aves., at rush hour on weekdays.
9. Create Macdonald Campus express bus route in 2012. Status: Launched in April, the 405-Express Bord du Lac runs from McGill’s Macdonald campus to the Lionel Groulx métro station.
3. Add reserved lanes and advance-green lights for buses on Sherbrooke St. E. Status: Done
23. Add 350 spots to parking lot at Ste. Catherine commuter-train station on Candiac line. Status: Done
22. Keep in place six extra weekday trains added to Candiac commuter train line while Mercier Bridge was partially closed in 2011. Status: Done
12. In 2012, phase 2 of reserved bus lane on Highway 20. Status: Reserved lane is currently on shoulder. Transport Quebec plans to move it to the middle of the highway after removing the median. The STM says the lane will be in place in 2012 or early 2013.
7. Create Dollard des Ormeaux express bus route in 2011. Status: Launched in April 2012, the 475-Express Dollard des Ormeaux reaches the Côte Vertu métro station
18. Allow buses to use the Mercier Bridge’s Airlie ramp at all times. Status: Done
28. In 2012, Phase 1 of work on the Longueuil-St. Hubert intermodal (bus/train) station, including 390 new parking spots. Status: Work has started and is to be completed by year-end or early in 2013.
25. Add stop for South Shore buses at Lionel-Groulx métro station. Status: STM says the AMT has not officially requested this and would have to discuss it first with the Sud-Ouest borough.
14. Add 200 temporary parking spots near Baie d’Urfé commuter-train station on Vaudreuil-Hudson line. Status: Did not happen. AMT says the idea was scrapped because trees had to be cut down and the town of Baie d’Urfé would not allow that.
17. Increase hours of operation of reserved lane on Route 132 approach to the Mercier Bridge. Status: Done
6. Create a 300-spot park-and-ride lot at the Dollard des Ormeaux Civic Centre, for bus users. Status: The lot opened this spring but it has 200 spots, the STM says.
15. Create temporary 100-spot parking lot at Beaurepaire commuter train station on Vaudreuil-Hudson line. Status: Did not happen because Transport Quebec did not provide the required funding, the AMT says. The train authority is to resubmit the proposal in 2013.
2. Phase 1 of reserved bus lane on St. Patrick and Notre Dame Sts. Status: Done. Connects to Highway 20 lane.
11. Create bus terminal at the Lionel-Groulx métro station to accommodate new West Island bus routes in 2012. Status: Contract for the $2.7-million project was given last week. Work to begin in early August and be completed by end of November.
24. Add 60 spots to the parking lot at Candiac commuter train station. Status: Done
26. Create new express bus line between the Dix-30 mall in Brossard and downtown Montreal. Status: Did not happen. See item 27.
19. Allow emergency vehicles and empty buses to use the ice bridge next to the Champlain Bridge. Status: The ice bridge was barely used by these vehicles and the measure is no longer in place.
8. Create Fairview express bus route in 2012. Status: Launched in April, the 485-Express Antoine-Faucon links Pierrefonds-Roxboro, Fairview Pointe Claire mall and Lionel Groulx métro.
5. Add reserved lane and advance-green lights for buses on Jean Talon St. Status: To be completed this year.
4. Add reserved lane and advance-green lights for buses on St. Jean Blvd. Status: Work expected to be completed this summer, STM says. Lane will run between Pierrefonds Blvd. and Highway 40. Also allowed: taxis and cars carrying two or more people.
16. In 2012, create parking lot with 50 spots at Pine Beach commuter train line on Vaudreuil-Hudson line. Status: Not done. Instead, this summer, the AMT is promising to add 100 parking spots to a lot at Pointe Claire station on the same line.
27. Create 500-place park-and-ride lot at Dix-30 mall for bus users. Status: Did not happen. Soon after the announcement, the mall’s owners said they had not agreed to the lot. The mall said it would eat up too much parking and hurt stores in the mall. The AMT says it is looking for another location but does not hold out much hope as much of the rest of the area is zoned for agricultural use.
29. Increase service on Laval bus lines serving the Côte-Vertu métro station – the 144, 151 and the 902 Express. Status: Done
13. In 2012, phase 2 of reserved lane for buses on Notre Dame St. Status: The change involves creating a bus lane that will allow buses to travel on Highway 20 under the Angrignon overpass instead of taking a ramp over the overpass. The STM says it will be done this year.